Your old sponges can be used as a seed tray. Don’t throw them away anymore, but instead allow them to harbor new life.
Here’s how to recycle an old sponge!
- First, clean the used sponge well and soak it in vinegar alcohol to disinfect it.
- Rinse, run the sponge under warm water and squeeze it out until it is half drained.
- Insert various seeds into the holes of the sponge. For example, use millet, red clover, purslane, flax…
- Place the sponge in the light and water it lightly every morning for a week or more.
- The seeds will soon germinate. You can use them to garnish your salads. Throw away your sponge after use.
Another amazing sponge-related tip is to consider… planting sponges! This will keep them available for a long time in your green spaces.